As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries'