Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: None
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
CACI seeks a talented software engineer to join our Advanced Solutions Group, within the National Security and Innovative Solutions sector. We enable national security missions through creation and delivery of innovative, technology-centric solutions that provide decision advantage to our customers. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value, provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.What you'll get to do:
In this role, you will build, enhance, and maintain complex software systems for the US Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) community. The selected candidate will perform a variety of engineering tasks that include analysis, design, development, code review, and test for our product areas. The software engineer will work both individually and as part of our agile development team. Candidates must be self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts, communicate clearly, and are able and willing to collaborate on technical items within the larger team.Qualifications you'll bring:
Qualifications that are nice to have:
- Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 12+ years of related experience
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience managing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- Experience using Ansible to automate the deployment, configuration and management of infrastructure and applications
- Experience creating and maintaining Helm charts to package and deploy Kubernetes applications
- Proficient in Linux system administration, including shell scripting, package management and troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of complex software design concepts, patterns, tools, and best practices
- Proven delivery of production-grade applications including security, diagnostics, maintainability, scalability, auditing, and complex multi-layer troubleshooting
- Ability to thrive in an Agile teaming environment
What We Can Offer You:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Strong knowledge of container networking concepts, including load balancers and Container Network Interface (CNI) plugins
- Experience developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines to automate the build and deployment of container-based applications
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools for Kubernetes, such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience implementing secure user access controls and permissions
- Experience with server hardware administration and maintenance (RAID, PCIe, IPMI)
- Understanding of Linux security and auditing
- Experience programming in Python
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 60 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.