Every day, thousands of traders across the globe rely on the Bloomberg TOMS (Trade Order Management System) to support their trading activity. As part of the Trading Solutions businesses, TOMS delivers a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, inventory management, middle office operations and electronic trading. We build powerful solutions that allow traders to manage positions, manage their risk and P&L and make markets using our electronic trading suite of tools. To do this, we employ a broad set of software tools. Our focus is on writing reliable and scalable code to help us maintain TOMS as a leading Fixed Income solution.
For this role we are looking for an enthusiastic engineer to help us build market connectivity to Fixed Income exchanges. This will require work on a high speed order/quotes processing over FIX (and othertrading protocols) interfaces.
We'll trust you to:
- Balance teamwork and independent research
- Troubleshoot code across various files and libraries, implementing templates and inheritance
- Work across a full software stack and be comfortable learning about and supporting different parts of the system
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in C++/C
- Experience with high performance software design
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures and systems and applications programming
- Knowledge of programming on UNIX