Advent's software solutions provide investment professionals with tools for all aspects of portfolio management and reporting, including data acquisition, research and investing. Our clients are analysts, portfolio managers, and traders at some of the industry's leading hedge funds, traditional asset management funds, endowments, foundations, funds of funds, and private equity firms.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about building high quality solutions
- Capable of dealing with a variety of technologies and keeps an eye on emerging trends and technologies
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and values team success
- Driven to deal with complex issues and provide simple and elegant solutions
- Deliver successfully with high quality on all aspects of development - analysis, design, test, implementation of features and deployment for cloud based services following test driven approaches.
- Work on critical component services that provide rich integration workflows and interaction.
- Work collaboratively on projects with team members, following agile development practices
- Be a key contributor to the team with ownership of new and current features across the breadth of the solution.
- Willingness to collaborate across time zones. We have clients and team members all over the world, so it is necessary to be flexible when it comes to working hours, when required
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 to 6 years of professional software development experience. Candidate's with less experience will be considered at the Software Engineer level.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Solid understanding of data structures and databases
- Drive the implementation process for work items large in scope
- Strong communication skills to present and discuss technical designs, problems and functional features
- Is a team player, and willing to do what it takes for the team to be successful.
- Experience with the Microsoft stack including .NET, C#, and REST
- Experience leveraging an Agile Methodology such as Scrum
- Experience in web UI development, preferably Angular
- Experience in working with relational databases such as MS SQL Server
- Experience developing SaaS based applications
- Knowledge and familiarity with network protocols.
- Experience with Jenkins, GIT, JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- Experience with or knowledge of Machine Learning/AI is a plus
- Familiarity with the securities industry is a plus.