You will contribute to the success of the engineering team by autonomously delivering on the development and deployment of new technology products and/or platforms that drive excellent solutions for clients in order to enable dunnhumby to grow.
What you'll be doing:
- Deliver autonomously on development and deployment of complex applications, components, software, platforms or services that are used at scale.
- Conduct requirements analysis, balance different requirements and make technical trade off decisions at application level (e.g. component design).
- Lead exciting end-to-end projects of certain complexity and ensure Service Level Agreements are successfully delivered. Define and develop solutions to technical problems that arise.
- Provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues as required to resolve specific challenges they're having and conduct design and code reviews.
- Identify and advise on improvement opportunities and automate and simplify test and operations processes.
- Use your expertise to input into reengineering and design.
- Act as a subject matter expert for focus areas across the technology space.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering subject such as Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Electronics or Engineering or equivalent
- Software development (agile)
- Software testing tools (e.g. Protractor, Selenium)
- Product management (Agile)
- Data Architecture & Modelling
- Cloud infrastructure, management and hosting
- Code management tools (Git)
- Infrastructure as code / DevOps (Kubernetes)
- Distributed Architecture
- Asynchronous computing
- Proficiency in at least two of the below:
- C (# / ++) / .NET
- Java Script / React
- Hadoop / HDFS
A plus if you also have:
- Experience with projects of certain technological complexity.