We offer competitive compensation with stock options, full benefits (401k matching), and tasty perks - including catered lunch twice a week, a well stocked kitchen and bagel Fridays. We host team outings and special events like music breaks and Breakfast at BuzzFeed speaker series.
We have engineering wide hack weeks and we deeply value open source, giving back to the community by speaking, hosting meetups and contributing to projects we benefit from.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a greenfield project to redefine how BuzzFeed ad content is distributed
- Collaborate with designers, ad traffickers, and engineers
- Decide where to build tooling, where to automate, and where to rely on external functionality
- Integrate with internal BuzzFeed content APIs and external ad APIs
- Iterate quickly on new advertising products
- Own an ecosystem of internal ad tools
Who you are:
- You have a mix of frontend and backend experience
- You have experience integrating data from disparate systems and understand raw SQL
- You take UX seriously and want to build awesome internal tools
- You are interested in supporting team members and are passionate about teaching and learning
- Python / Go
- AWS, GCP
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Source Control (Git)
- Databases (MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, Redshift, BigQuery, ElasticSearch)
- Infrastructure Tools (Docker, ECS, Terraform)
- Messaging systems (NSQ)
- Monitoring / Instrumentation (Nagios, DataDog, StatsD)
- Frontend (React, Redux, T3.js, Sass)
- Service Oriented Architecture.