Broadcom creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. From planning to DevOps to security to systems management, our solutions power innovation and drive competitive advantage for businesses everywhere.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for working closely with product management and architects to design, develop, and test highly complex and sophisticated software systems and applications. Provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solve complex problems for a product or family of products in the area of CA Application Performance Management.
· Have a passion for designing and coding complex modules that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
· Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
· Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
· Fix bugs, add enhancements and ensure that the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements
· Assist in strategic research and design as directed
· Evaluate impact of software performance and recommend changes to software design team.
· Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
· Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
· Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers
· Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of professional experience with application development
· Strong coding skills in Java
· Strong expertise in Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns
· Hands-on web technologies like XML, JSON, and RESTful API, SOAP
· Strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows, Networking concepts and Databases.
· Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift platforms
· Knowledge in the Application Performance Management domain preferred
· Experience in Agile Software Development (Scrum and Kanban)
· Curious, a fast learner, and fast to respond
· A team player with good social skills.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then Broadcom is where you belong.
At Broadcom, your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.