The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Bomber Aircraft Sustainment Program is seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer to lead the Avionics Software product development activities throughout the aircraft modification lifecycle.
The Aircraft Platform Software Team isresponsible for the softwarearchitectureand design modifications of the following system components:
- Flight Management
- Test Modes, Monitoring and Reporting
- Mission Management
- Operator Controls and Displays
- Sensor Management
- Communication Systems
- Weapon Management
- You will be providing detailed technical leadership for all activities and phases of the software development (requirements, design, development, and integration/test), including leading the architecture and design teams with a strong customer focus.
- You will develop a fundamental understanding of all system and software team execution and development processes.
- You will support the Product Team Manager in various areas such as program execution and pursuit of new business, including providing estimates.
- On a regular basis you will communicate with the Program Manager, Program System Engineering Integration Team (SEIT), and the customer.
- You will review and monitor the development team’s status, metrics, schedules and plans; and provide leadership to ensure all required functions comply with requirements
- You will develop innovative solutions to a wide range of complex problems and recommend corrective actions.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements: This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Secret clearance
- Experience leading projects or teams
- Experience with Real Time or Graphical User Interfaces
- Experience with Rationale DOORs, Clearcase, and Clearquest
- Experience with the software estimating process
- Experience with export controls
- Minimum of five years experience working on large complex development system/activities
- Experience in technical leadership of complex Software Architectures
- Experience with DO-178B assurance levels and/or Agile Software methods
- Minimum of five years experience with Ada or C or C++ or C# or Java
- Experience with Unix and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Real-Time POSIX Operating Systems (VxWorks, Integrity, etc.)
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1800102117