Senior Software Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Information Services
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of the 1901 Group Engineering Team, leading software architecture, design, development, and modernization efforts for migrating large scale enterprise workloads from traditional platforms to current cloud and containerization technologies. The Senior Software Engineer will be part of an established, successful team leading the way for cloud transformation in commercial and federal spaces.
- Lead analysis, architecture, design, development, testing, and release of key functionality for large scale custom software projects to meet customer requirements and take advantage of new technologies including containerization and cloud elasticity.
- Develop custom software systems within a modern, automated Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment environment configured for automated code build, test, and deployment.
- Evaluate systems architectures and code for performance and security issues, and suggest best practice remediation approaches to ensure highly performant and secure deployed applications.
- Act as team lead for junior and mid-level software developers to complete software architecture, design, and development projects.
- Provide Engineering Team Manager with technical and schedule recommendations, updates, and risk management approaches to ensure project activities are transparent and closely controlled.
- 5+ Years of experience writing enterprise scale Java code using data access best practices to interact with RDBMS systems such as SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL.
- 3+ Years of experience with software architecture and design using common tools and approaches such as UML, design patterns, and other industry best practices.
- Experience with deploying software to Linux and Windows servers, common application servers such as JBoss, Weblogic, and Tomcat
- Experience with database design schemas and data modeling.
- Familiarity with design and development of microservices.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, and SOAP
- Familiarity with common IDEs such as Eclipse or NetBeans, and CICD tools such as GitLab, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, SonarQube, and others.
- Background and in-depth knowledge of network, cloud and application monitoring/management tools is a big plus.
- Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL and development for Oracle middleware (WebLogic, Fusion, etc.) a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field or relevant work is experience.