LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As part of our world-class software engineering team, you will be charged with building the next-generation infrastructure platforms for LinkedIn — including but not limited to: an application and service delivery platform, massively scalable data storage and replication systems, and a cutting-edge search platform that are highly secure - develop robust authentication & authorization services, block & detect fake access, scalable frameworks to defend against botnets, account takeover, and other forms of abuse & exfiltration on the data. You will work and learn among the best, putting to use your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems-design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at an extreme scale. The work you put forth will directly impact and fuel LinkedIn’s search relevance, ad targeting, information extraction, recommendations and all applications built on LinkedIn's data for strategic integrations with enterprise and 3rd party applications.
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 6+ years of related practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
- BS + 5 years of relevant work experience, MS + 4 years of relevant work experience, or PhD + 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong object oriented skills.
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience building web applications and services with IDEs, ant, junit, etc.
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), databasearchitecture, and distributed transaction management.