Senior Software Engineer – Big Data (Scala/Spark)
We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer with experience in Java/Scala, ETL and real-time/batch streaming technologies. The role requires a proven track record of professional excellence and a high willingness to be the driving force behind developing great software to serve our customers. The Senior Software Engineer will work on the i-Ready engineering team and will be responsible for contributing to architecture, design, and development of ETLs, reports, real-time data processing and data preparation for various purposes on AWS cloud infrastructure within an Agile software development life cycle.
Why join this team:
You'll join a growing team to take one of the most innovative educational technology brands to the next level.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students' individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you'll have:
- You'll build scalable, efficient and high-performance pipelines/workflows that are capable of processing large amounts of batch and real-time data.
- You'll bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve challenging software and scalability issues as they may develop throughout the product lifecycle.
- You'll build out our data service architecture to support internal and customer-facing application use cases.
- You'll develop and support real-time streams, ETL pipelines, data warehouses and reporting services.
- Using Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Data lake on AWS S3, EMR, Spark, and related technologies, you'll store, move, process, and query data.
- You'll conduct performance analysis, optimize, and do capacity planning for every release.
- Together we'll follow coding best practices – Unit testing, design/code reviews, code coverage, documentation etc. and work effectively as part of an agile team.
Who we're looking for:
- 10+ years' experience in designing and developing enterprise level software solutions.
- Strong programming skills and experience with large volume data processing
- Experience developing Scala and Spark applications and processes.
- Experience with Amazon cloud computing infrastructure.
- Strong experience with SQL and Relational databases.
- Experience working with the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Knowledge in stream processing technologies such as the Confluent Platform and Spark Streaming.
We'd also love to see, though not required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Engineering.