Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use tools for teaching and learning. Our goal is simple; create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here's your opportunity.
We are hiring engineers passionate about using data to gain insight, drive behavior and improve our products. Our software helps millions of users learn and grow. Come help accelerate the learning process by developing data centric features for K-12, higher education and corporate users.
Culturally our team will look and feel very much like a highly collaborative start-up. We value innovation, so much so that we have quarterly Hackweeks; a week each quarter to work on relevant pet projects and features.
What you will be doing:
- The Instructure suite of SaaS applications produces terabytes of events and student information weekly. Your challenge will be to create the systems that organize this data and return insights to students, teachers and administrators. This team engineers the data and analytics platform for the entire Instructure application portfolio.
- This is a growing team at Instructure with the opportunity to provide tangible positive impact to the business and end users. We are looking for creative, self-motivated, highly collaborative, extremely technical people who can drive a vision to reality.
What we look for:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Fluency in Java or Scala
- Experience operating highly available services
- Experience working with large, distributed systems in a cloud environment like Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Flink or other Big Data processing platforms.