As the leading media company in America, iHeartMedia delivers music, news, talk, sports and other content to diverse audiences across multiple platforms, including: broadcast stations; online via iHeartRadio and on its stations’ hundreds of websites; HD digital radio channels; satellite; smartphones; iPads and other tablets; in-vehicle entertainment and navigation systems; and via live events. With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S., iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio and television outlet in America.
As the Senior Software Engineer –Big Data, you will be working with a team of like-minded engineer to design, develop and implement cutting edgebig data / analytics application to support the Royalties business function. You will also be working on migrating the legacy applications to newtechnologies. This role will be key in building fault tolerance, highly available, high performing applications that provides a seamlessexperience to our end users. The solutions we build will be highly resilient, scalable using cloud basedtechnologies.
As the Senior Software Engineer – Database Applications, you will:
- Facilitate the review and analysis of business requirements.
- Design and engineer solutions for new and existing applications.
- Create and maintain functional / technical design specifications and solutions to satisfy project requirements.
- Provides technical and design expertise to the project team regarding applications solutions and problem resolution.
- Develop software to specifications.
- Identify and implement automation strategies in the SDLC process that enables high quality, faster delivery of new solutions to our business users.
- Embrace and be a strong advocate for CI/CD and agile practices
- Participate in vendor software evaluations and integration strategies.
- Mentor and guide others in your team
- Runs code and design reviews and technical presentations to cross functional staff.
- Provides 24/7 on-call rotational support of applications support to users including issue resolution. Accurately repairs and documents changes to applications as assigned.
- Monitors system and application performance and troubleshoot/ resolve escalated issues.
- Establish a high-performing Agile / Continuous Integration engineering practice.
- Continually seek ways to optimize and improve all operational aspects of our IT solutions.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Preferred 3+ years experience in software engineering, design, implementation and support of big data / analytics platforms.
- Must have hands on experience with big data processing and data warehouse – HDFS, Spark and Hive
- Must have experience in supporting databasetechnologies - structure, unstructured, big data, i.e Postgres, Oracle SQL, Mongo, and Dynamo DB, etc.
- Must have hands on experience with CI/CD systems – Bitbucket pipelines, Jenkins, git etc.
- Preferred automation experience – build, test, deployment automation, post release surveillance and monitoring.
- Preferredexperience with AWS technical environment
- Experience in scriptinglanguages – Python, bash
- Preferredexperience with Airflow – configuration, operations and monitoring
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving application performance issues, connectivity and security issues
- Experience working in a service oriented architecture both for sourcing and delivering data
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in engineering fault tolerant, high performance, critical business applications
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of software design using OOA/D, UML, design patterns, data modeling, and ERDs
- Ability to write future-proof code with an emphasis on extensibility and reusability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills