Job ID R-302100
Job Description Summary
The Becton Dickinson Diagnostics Systems (BDDS) division is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be a member of the Product Engineering team responsible for supporting existing medical instrumentation and software. The right candidate is a positive, forward-looking person who must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction, collaborates often and effectively with project team members of differing disciplines, presents a positive and professional demeanor with customers, and excels at solving difficult problems.
Medical instrumentation product issues arise from a number of different possibilities including software but also mechanical, electrical and system interaction. This requires someone who thinks on their feet and is willing to dive into a problem to understand it from all angles before deciding upon a solution path.
The candidate will need to possess excellent software skills to be able to assess product issues and apply solutions that best fit the situation. The role requires the addition of new features to existing products, correcting software anomalies, and rewriting less-than-optimized sections of existing software, all which require detailed attention to implementation and product risk for medical instruments.
The SeniorSoftware Engineer will participate in a full medicalsoftwaredevelopment life cycle and adhere to a quality management system.
- Assist in leading a software development project which includes creating the time/resource estimation effort, regular updating of status in a project schedule.
- Ability to work well with customer service technical staff to identify and document issues and the associated solutions
- Architect/design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
- Hands on development effort as well as possibly technically leading a small team of software engineers
- Interface with other technical departments such as Systems, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering functions
- Interface with Quality, Regulatory, Marketing and Project Management
- Architect/design/implement/recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; leads in the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems.
- Document updated design documentation with change information
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, unit testing, and commenting, driving standards within the team
- Develops automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Collaborate with other BD resources to ensure effective design and implementation goals
- Lead technical design reviews and code inspections providing clear, actionable feedback for project team members
- Assure adherence to BDDS development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field is required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development, systems & architecture concepts and designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with C#/.NET development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with relational databasetechnologies
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Experience with multi-threaded development in Windows – Windows Embedded
- Experience with Agile including Scrum
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goals
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment and previous development with medical instrumentation is a plus
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development is a plus
- Experience with serial protocols (rs232, rs485, rs422)
- Experience with VxWorks operating System is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with C/C++
- Minimum of 1 year work experience with Ethernet and TCP/IP socket development
- Minimum of 2 years work experience writing automated unit tests
- Minimum of 2 years expereience with SQLserver, entity Framework, LINQ