The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Development Mission Systems Capability is seeking a senior software engineer to lead design, develop, test, document, and sustain a product line architecture and code baseline for the Battle Management, Displays, and Mission Planning Team (BDMP) in support of Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2) programs.
The successful candidate will possess strong technical leadership, communication and organization skills and be responsible to develop software for surveillance aircraft platforms that enables air superiority by detecting, identifying, and tracking airborne threats and providing operators intuitive battle management controls. This position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- Proficient in Java and C++
- Able to perform software project management tasks and develop, select, tailor and deploy software processes, tools/metrics.
- Subject matter expertise in software domains, licensing, export, Information Assurance (IA), system-specific issues, processes and regulations
- Experience with full software development life-cycle and worked in a software testing environment.
- Ability to contribute to identifying potential new work, preparing software upgrade proposals for the customer and support software testing, including laboratory and flight testing in the US and overseas
- Ability to coordinate activities with other software development teams in the organization, and interface with our customers
- Solid communication, both written and verbal, and leadership skills and must be willing to support travel.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An active Secret clearance preferred.
Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700011469