BAE Systems is looking for Software Engineers to design, implement, and test real time, embedded software for various military electronic systems such as Software Defined Radios, Avionics, and Electronic Warfare systems. Uses Agile software technology such as Scrum, Continuous Integration, and code refactoring to improve the quality of delivered systems.
Develops web-based, Java, and .NET-based Graphical User Interface software which interface to various embedded electronic systems. Develops scripts and web based interfaces for engineering productivity improvement tools including configuration management tools, software build tools, and automated software testing tools. BAE Systems will provide focus and technical growth opportunities by assigning tasks that are technically challenging, achievable, time-boxed, and under the direction of a technical lead or mentor. Must be able to work independently or on a team.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Software related discipline and 5+ years experience
- Requires current/active Secret security clearance.
- Proficient with the C++ programming language.
- Familiarity with software design processes.
- Familiarity with communications, networking and/or electronic warfare product domains preferred
- Must possess the ability to work well independently or in a team environment and demonstrate strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Knowledge of hardware/software interfacing techniques.
- Familiarity with real time, concurrent programming techniques.
- Exposure to software design concepts including the use of the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Masters degree and/or equivalent work experience a plus