hat You'll Do:
- Provide pragmatic and innovative refactoring solutions to a large legacy system
- Create work guided by strong engineering principles. Design. Build. Test. Repeat.
- Opportunities to ideate, design, pitch and build greenfield alternatives to legacy systems.
- Work with a best-in-class development team that uses modern development techniques to create and deploy distributed data systems.
- Develop software systems with interpreted languages that have small well-defined scopes and are easily testable, deployable and reusable.
- Provide guidance to junior engineers on how to successfully test, deploy and optimize large scale data systems.
- 5+ years of development experience using Python for architecture, designing, coding, delivering, and managing large-scale Cloud based solutions.
- 3+ years using and optimizing a Python ORM (Django or SQLAlchemy).
- Background with BDD/TDD practices and a desire to ensure completeness of shipped code.
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC tools such as JIRA.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a leadership role as it relates to software development.
- A background with healthcare IT systems
Preferred Technology Experience:
- Languages: Python
- Framework: Any web-based Python framework preferably Django
- Database: RDBMS preferably MySQL/MariaDB.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms.
- APIs: REST, JSON, GQL, and prevalent SDK tools such as Swagger, Gateways, etc.
- Architecture: Service Oriented Architecture
Great To Have:
- Startup experience
- Good understanding of healthcare problem domain
- Formal Cloud training to reinforce proven experiences such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google Certified Architecture programs.
- Proven passion and reputation to leverage, and actively contribute to evolving industry standards, architectures, best practices, and open source.