The Streaming Data team, owns the platform that distributes massive amounts of real-time streaming data across the company.
Get to know the Role:
This hands-on team consolidates, curates and serves all streaming data for Grab and its partners. This is the backbone used by almost every team at Grab. You'll be working with partner engineering teams to ensure that they can get the data they want, quickly, reliably, and scalably.
The day-to-day activities:
- Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- Design, develop, and help maintain the real-time streaming systems.
- Work with customer teams to define and prototype feature specifications
- Work with infrastructure teams in building and scaling back-end services, as well as performing root cause analysis investigations
- Collaborate across stakeholders such as data scientists, application developers, and department heads to deliver a technical solution that meets their unique needs
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Participate in interview loops to help hire the best engineers in the industry
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
- At least 5-8 years of experience in commercial software development in large distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Hands-on coder who has built backend services that handle high volume traffic
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Expert in at least 1 of the following languages: Go, C++, Java, Scala, Kotlin.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Kafka or a similar streaming data platform
- Excellent written communication skills; sharp analytical abilities with proven design skills; able to think critically about growth and stability