Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you interested in being part of a new team tasked to build the next-generation industry-leading application for machine data? Splunk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with backend experience. We're working on the cutting edge of data analysis and correlation, letting our customers have a single pane of glass for their data from sensors to web servers.
We are an engineering and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building and testing our product. We want you to help us build and expand new areas in machine learning, parallelization and making our stack more developer-friendly.
- You will design and implement a new application (large scale, distributed system)
- You will quickly learn new technologies and product areas
- You will write highly efficient, robust, multi-threaded object oriented code
- You will analyze and tackle performance and scalability problems
- You will work with Technical Support on identifying and troubleshooting issues
- You have 7+years related experience
- You have worked in a startup or a track record of starting and delivering a solution in an Enterprise
- You have worked in a multi-functional team (PM, QA, UX)
- You have expert level skills in Java, Go, Scala or C++ and Object Oriented Programming
- You have a proven foundation in API, data structures, algorithms, software design and security
- You have good understanding of Systems Programming (network stack, file system, OS services)
- You are based in the Bay Area or willing to relocate
Nice to have:
- You have some knowledge of machine learning (how to use and integrate to)
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.