What You'll Do
Our ideal Software Engineer will be an integral contributor to the current and next generation of our platform. You'll work on multiple projects to improve our platform across our Sock, Camera and Band product lines as well as our core infrastructure.
- Design and build RESTful APIs (used internally and by our customer app)
- Have ownership of your development through design, prototyping, and implementation
- Participate in regular code reviews to build the best possible software
- Propose and implement performance optimizations and scaling strategies
- Write detailed documentation (commit messages, processes, and system architectures)
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technology
- Deliver resilient, robust and durable solutions, contributing to the ongoing improvement of our systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure stellar uptime for our customers
We work mostly in GCP (and some AWS) using Pub/Sub, PostgreSQL, Redis, Spanner, BigTable, BigQuery, Kubernetes, Flask, etc.
We are a full-stack hardware company and work closely with the firmware and app (ios and android) development teams.
What You Need to Get the Job Done (Minimum Qualifications)
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- Experienced writing clean, scalable Python code
- Highly collaborative problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- An ability to explain your ideas clearly, give and receive feedback, and work well with team members
- Experience with collaborative source control, preferably GIT
- Your code is readable, testable, and understandable years later.
- Experience working with a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP)
- Pride in the quality of your work
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience developing and deploying with kubernetes
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity building microservices and distributed systems
- Work history within a larger product team
- Experience load testing and performance tuning
- Ability to perform devops tasks (CI pipelines, bash scripts and IaC)
- Ability to break down costs of hundreds of thousands of devices hitting APIs and storing data
- Familiarity with:
- IoT devices