Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk IT Operations and Analytics team is looking for a seasoned web backend software engineer to build the next generation of Splunk products that provide IT and Ops users with meaningful insights into all aspects of modern day IT and Apps infrastructure and technology stacks. You will be developing state of the art web applications that help customers collect, analyze, correlate, and visualize data. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand and refine requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- You will design and implement web applications (large scale, distributed system)
- You will quickly learn new technologies and product areas
- You will analyze and tackle performance and scalability problems
- You will work with Technical Support on identifying and troubleshooting issues
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Expert level knowledge of Python programming language and web application frameworks
- Experience with Java/C++/Go or similar language
- Strong OOP and software design skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and great attention to details
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership/mentorship with strong accountability skills
- BSCS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience with strong CS Foundation
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cloud technologies
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.