The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) is a member of a highly motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. The SSE will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. The SSE will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects. The SSE will own and components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Scrum team to develop Spok’s new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 year’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
- 6 or more years’ experience as a Backend Software Engineer
- 5 or more years’ experience with .NET, C#.ASP.NET and Web APIs
- Experience with AWS or Azure cloud platforms
- Experience with SQL relational databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Understanding of NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB is a plus
- Understanding of distributed system is a plus
- Understanding of queuing technologies is a plus
- Understanding of Elasticsearch is a plus
- Understanding of Docker or Lambda is a plus
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team