Our vision is to build the next-generation platform for fast, easy creation of audio and video content, using a revolutionary way to edit powered by cutting-edge AI. We are looking for senior backend engineers to help design and evolve our product and server architecture, build a cutting-edge AI training and delivery pipeline, and curate a high productivity development platform.
We are a young company with a product that has started achieving rapid growth, and so these engineers will be making key technical choices as our systems scale beyond our current limitations. We are looking for those with a keen architectural sense, who choose practical technologies and make smart bets that increase the leverage of our small teams rather than chase the latest trends, and who aren't afraid to dive deep into the weeds to understand and fix thorny technical problems.
As a senior member of the engineering team you'll play an integral role in the following:
- Introducing real-time collaborative workflows to audio/video production, where individual projects can be in the tens or hundreds of gigabytes
- Pioneering the use of web technologies to deliver a high-performance professional creative tool that's traditionally been the domain of native desktop applications
- Designing a world-class AI training and inference architecture to take cutting edge academic research to production
- Scaling our storage infrastructure and distributed systems to find the right balance between durability, throughput, and availability
- Evolving our development, observability, and operations infrastructure to support a small, rapidly growing engineering team with an even faster growing user base
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong CS fundamentals and experience building and scaling distributed systems
- Fluency with developing and operating services running on Linux and cloud infrastructure (we use Heroku, AWS, and GCP)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Self-awareness of strengths and gaps
- Constant drive to learn and improve
- Experience mentoring engineers, including code reviews, architecture discussions, and leadership skills