At TrainHeroic we build software that helps coaches and athletes be their best. Our tools enable smart and effective strength and conditioning. We proudly serve clients in the NFL, NBA, Olympics, High School, College, every major branch of the military, and private training facilities globally.
As Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to provide technical leadership, mentor junior engineers, and regularly ship to production. You'll be surrounded by a team culture of engineers who value iterative development, automated testing, and high quality code.
- You will become the technical leader of our backend systems. We expect you to be a well-rounded engineer with deep expertise in coding, systems design, architecture, and security.
- Thrive in a highly iterative and collaborative engineering environment. We pushed +150 production releases in 2018 and are on pace for even more this year.
- Optimize the performance and scalability of our API, database, and caching layers
- Work tightly with client-side engineers building our web, mobile, and tablet apps
- Vigorously refactor code with the help of automated tests
- Mentor junior engineers and uphold high standards for quality
What Some of Our Projects Look Like:
- Adding athlete metrics and graphing into our mobile app
- Optimizing API and database performance
- Integrating with 3rd party notification and chat platforms
- Refactoring user subscription and access control systems
- Improving platform security and system monitoring
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Experience: 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge Foundation: Bachelors in Computer Science or STEM degree, or demonstrable experience
- Technical Leadership: Experience refactoring legacy applications and seeing architectural changes through from design to completion. We are looking for you to drive technical efforts on our backend, which requires a combination of coding and systems thinking.
- Backend Technical Skills: Experience in PHP, Ruby, Python, or similar experience preferred, with strong knowledge of object-oriented design, common OO practices, and Design Patterns (in any language).
- Our current backend stack includes AWS, Laravel, MySQL, and Redis. Our current client-side apps are primarily built in React and React Native. As our team and needs change, we are open to exploring new technologies best suited for the job.
- Database Systems Skills: Experience with RDBMS, data storage, and caching tools such as redis, Elasticsearch, and MySQL. We are constantly searching for new ways to increase the performance at the data layer to meet growth
All Heroes Receive:
Our TrainHeroic team consists of about 20 people, but we receive the benefits of our much larger parent company, Peaksware:
- Competitive compensation and incentives
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/yr fitness reimbursement for any healthy lifestyle and gym-related purchases
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- 15-Days of PTO for all new hires…increases in PTO at various years of service
- 5% 401(k) Match Program
- Four week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of service
- Dog friendly office
- Creative and high energy office at INDUSTRY Denver in RiNo