About this Role
Location Labs is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to build the next generation of our products. Your primary focus will be development of server-side logic, API definition, leveraging our Big Data and Machine Learning infrastructure to generate, serve new insights and drive engagement with our customers, optimization of the existing systems, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness that power our flagship mobile apps and various backend services. This position will work closely with product, design, devOps and the mobile engineering team.
Join us as we scale our products to add millions of new users while simultaneously meeting some of the strictest SLAs with our partners. You will help evolve our architecture by building on great technologies like Cloudinary, NewRelic, MapBox, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Branchio, TeamCity, Fabric, Loggly, DataDog, Grafana, Kafka, Riak and more.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of proven industry experience working on the backend services or infrastructure for a large-scale, highly distributed mobile and web applications.
- Strong Java and Python with OOP (Object-Oriented Programming, RESTful APIs, Swagger, JSON) experience and proficient with version control such as GitHub, SVN, P4.
- Proficient in working with Linux, Shell scripting, Database, data transformation and Cloud-based technologies such as AWS, OpenStack, or Google Cloud.
- Solid understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Passionate about the architecture, automated testing framework including unit tests, quality, and performance of the applications your team builds.
- Comprehensive understanding of the full stack and have owned the development, build, testing and release process.
- Constantly incorporate new and creative technical solutions to improve your products.
Tech We Use
- Backend: Java with Spring and Hibernate, or Python with Flask and SQLAlchemy.
- Database: MySQL, AWS DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift and ElastiCache.
- Data: Percona, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka and Riak to flow and persist our data
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, and CloudWatch /Nagios to keep our production systems running on prem and in AWS.
- Metrics: Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana, and Amplitude to help understand our users
- Continuous Integration: We use Jenkins, TeamCity to build our software and Crucible extensively for code review.