Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Our Engineering organization includes a variety of teams solving interesting problems:
- Storefront: Shopping for your home can be overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products. Our software engineering teams work to make an extremely complex process seamless for our customers. Shopping for your home should be exciting, and we want every customer to come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them.
- Wayfair’s Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering team builds solutions that let Wayfair communicate with new and existing customers effectively across advertising, email, and onsite touchpoints. This team is at the intersection of product, marketing, data science, and technology which allows us to be a leader in the Ad Technology space. We are using cutting edge intelligent systems, big data at scale, and world class ad tech to drive phenomenal growth in a multi-billion dollar business.
- The Supply Chain teams are responsible for all of the systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Everything from warehousing, order tracking, inventory forecasting to routing systems and final mile delivery. This group is essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce. The majority of Wayfair’s business is built on repeat customers and it is important for them to have a smooth delivery experience to ensure they keep them coming back.
- The Sales, Service and Enterprise platforms are focused on building and improving software that directly impacts customers, customer service agents, sales associates, Finance, Talent Management and external vendors. Our engineers are responsible for all the tools and processes to support these business-critical operations of Wayfair, along with supporting the continued enhancement and scaling capabilities of these systems. Engineers use data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth.
What You'll Do
- Provide high quality contributions to the code base, with a mind to best practices and an equally high degree of autonomy.
- Work with senior leadership to architect solutions and ensure that we deliver the right functionality, in a timely manner.
- Mentor junior engineers to develop the next generation of Wayfair engineering.
- See your work as it powers improved customer understanding / experience or enables new features and functionality in our ad tech stack.
- Handle ambiguity with limited oversight; leverage technical acumen, experience, and network to answer questions and remove roadblocks.
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various trade-offs including speed to delivery vs. ongoing maintainability and others.
- Collaborate well with senior management, product managers, and all other stakeholders.
What You’ll Need:
- A BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, other Engineering discipline or Data Science, with five (5) years’ experience in software development, or alternatively an MS with two (2) years of experience. Java and / or Python experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of a server side programming language (Java, .Net, Python or PHP preferred).
- Understanding of the end-to-end web stack including specifics of the HTTP protocol and proficiency with designing systems at scale.
- Experience with big data, streaming technologies and / or RESTful web service development preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to own a part of Wayfair’s success, absolutely required.
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority.
- Effective at troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques.