Teikametrics is looking for a Software Engineer with strong experience delivering APIs to drive world-class, user facing features. Current back-end technologies at Teikametrics emphasize Python and Scala, backed by PostgreSQL and Kafka.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with Teikametrics product managers, designers and technical leadership to deliver on next generation product features
- Help build and architect our back-end codebase, proactively identifying areas for improvement and new technologies to leverage
- Guide and mentor junior developers, including participating in code reviews, facilitating technical design discussions and ensuring a high bar for back-end craftsmanship
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional software developer.
- Solid working experience with developing back-end code and APIs in either JVM languages or Python using related frameworks
- Comfort mentoring junior developers, reviewing code and guiding overall back-end architecture
- Strong SQL and data modeling skills
- Ability to set up testable and performant APIs, allowing for rapid development and well-organized code
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment focusing on continuous learning; participating in tech talks, code review, and pair programming.
- Startup-level passion about wanting to take on large, challenging problems with the support and mentorship of a small but experienced team