This position offers an amazing opportunity to hone and expand your existing skill set. Because our platform works with a wide variety of automation tools, you will almost certainly be learning something new. We are working on exciting and challenging problems in a rapidly emerging market, and need your help building the best DevSecOps automation platform available.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement enhacements and new additions to our orchestration engine
- Design and implement a plugin-based module system for executinv a wide variety of open IT automation tools, ranging from scripts in various programming languages to cloud orchestration templates to security automation tools
- Work with public cloud services including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and google Cloud Platform for use with our platform execution environment
- Design, implement, and refine NoSQL database models for the application
- Design and implement service – orientated back end web servers and daemons to perform business logic and data processing functions
- Product architecture diagrams and specifications in collaboration with a team
- Work with the business team and other lead engineers to translate business requirements into technical requirements
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, particularly in web application development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems
- Experience with web technologies including HTTP and TCP/IP network stacks
- Knowledge of Linux-based operation system fundamentals
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with a small team, as well as with clients
What’s Great About Sophos?
- Our people are what makes Sophos special – we demonstrate shared vision, talent, innovation, and creativity, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit.
- Employee-led diversity and inclusion groups that build community within Sophos and provide internal education and advocacy (eg. Sophos Women in Tech group to improve gender parity, encourage gender-balanced leadership, and support career progression at Sophos)
- Sophos Environment Network and employee challenges to contribute to sustainability and reduce our environmental footprint
- Annual commitment to charity and fundraising across our global sites and volunteer days for employees to give back to local communities
- Global trivia competitions to keep our minds sharp
- Global Mental Health days off work for all Sophos to help employees relax and recharge
- Monthly employee wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
- Employee rewards and thanks, such as our free annual subscription to Masterclass and Calm
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.