About the Position
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross-functional role, you will collaborate with infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs for Cox Automotive. As a team member, you will be a Full-Stack Engineer contributing at every level of our application stack. Your team will be relatively small consisting of test, data and software engineers and a product owner who are intensely collaborating in meaningful way.
As a Software Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
- Contribute to and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real world problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Provide mentorship to the team.
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Experience with creating applications to run on AWS
- Exposure to Agile/SAFE methodologies
- Git or general version control experience
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- DevOps and system administration
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
What We Look For:
- Reactive application development
- Experience with eventing frameworks (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Experience with data concepts (SQL, NoSQL, Normalization)
- Big-data implementation experience using Hadoop, HBase, ElasticSearch or related tools/technologies
- Automotive industry experience
- Public speaking skills