ENOUGH ABOUT US, LET’S TALK MORE ABOUT YOU. AS A SHIPPING ENGINEER YOU:
- Have worked in the shipping or fulfillment software/services industry.
- Are familiar with the shipping and fulfillment landscape or are passionate about solving problems in this space. Preferably with direct experience in shipping software solutions, ecommerce platforms, order management systems, shipping carriers or solutions in the logistics ecosystem.
- Enjoy solving problems spanning the digital and physical worlds, specifically in the shipping/logistics space.
- Have experience working on large-scale systems. Making them faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant.
- Have demonstrated experience and interest in systems architecture.
- Are highly collaborative and love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture, and/or design.
- Are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; having experience with testing frameworks, performance and unit testing is very welcome.
- Experience working with shipping, rate, and tracking APIs from either carriers or third party solution providers (such as EasyPost).
- WordPress programming experience.
- Open source contributions.
- Contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Experience collecting and using data to help inform product decisions.
- Good user experience instincts and product design opinions.