SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, AUDIOWorld of Warcraft•IrvineApply Now
The World of Warcraft team is looking for a talented engineer who has experience in audio programming and knows the more common audio tools. The successful candidate willwork closely with our audio department while assisting in other areas of game technology when needed.
The WoW team is built on a culture of collaboration, intense creativity, and problem solving. As a group, we are committed to pushing our exploration of Azeroth to the fullest, and in doing so creating a gaming experience like no other. As an engineer, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We’re looking for an engineer withqualities above and beyond engineering. We want a person that enjoys working in a group setting; who speaks sound designer and geek with equal fluency, and whose experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and knowledge sharing.
- Working closely with the audio team serving as the primary audio engineer of the team
- Maintain and improve custom audio tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve audio pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- 3+ years of game audio programming experience on at least one shipped title
- Strong knowledge of C++ and PC programming
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for game audio
- Knowledge of audio signal processing - mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.
- Loves video games
- Experience with off-the-shelf sound engines such as FMOD or Wwise
- Music and/or Sound design experience - composing/arranging, sound design, synthesis, sampling, MIDI sequencing, audio engineering/mixing, digital audio workstations, etc.
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trig, etc.)