Senior Software Engineer - Asp.net MVC
5 - 7 years experience •
Our client is a mission oriented education software SaaS. They are located in the greater Boston area, doing extremely well and are offering a great culture and place to work! They are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in building dynamic web applications and services, help implement complex data and API integrations, and drive the conception-to-design-to-implementation product development process.You will help define our software architecture principles and standards through direct coding activities. Your ideas will translate our product and corporate strategy into technical solutions and engineering best practices. You will research and evaluate new technologies and determine how and where they will apply to our engineering roadmap.
5+ years of technical expertise, including recent engineering experience with high-performance, enterprise-facing websites and/or SaaS platforms.
Demonstrated success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment.
Proven success at an internet startup or early stage company.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
Experience working within an Agile organization (scrum, “lean”, etc.)
BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
Very strong communication skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and verbally to audiences of varying technical knowledge.
Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others.
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET programming
- Design patterns, OO concepts and applications, refactoring and Software as a Service (SaaS) development
- SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, query tuning and optimization)
- Entity Framework
- JSON/REST-based web services and API design
- SVN/Git, MSDeploy, CCNet, NAnt, NUnit
- CouchBase or other caching solutions
- Message-based or event-driven architectures
- Test automation frameworks (for example: Selenium, Fitnesse)
- ETL/MDM and data integration
- Scripting with Powershell or Python
- Mobile browser website development
- Educational software such as SIS