The Software Engineer will develop web-based and Hadoop-based applications for the AI R&D team. The engineer will also provide support for the applications and perform other enterprise developerresponsibilities. This role works within a team of software engineers responsible for building scalable applications that operationalize deployment, integration and execution of machine learning and predictive analytics models. This role requires coordination with the analytics team to ensure correctness of implemented algorithms. This role also requires coordination with pre-sales team to develop proof-of-concepts for use cases that leverage the Software AG Zementis product line.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements and maintains software components
- Support, Maintain and Enhance existing components of the Software AG Zementis product line
- Use expertise in reading/hacking existing code to make the most optimal change to fix problems reported by Customers. Collaborate with Customer Care teams
- Contribute ideas toward the enhancement and/or modification of designs to improve the product in minor versions
- Involvement in the development of new products, features and enhancements
- Complete preliminary testing (automated as reasonably possible), and actively provide guidance, direction, and collaboration with QA, documentation, and usability
- Take ownership and ensure proactive closure for problem reports that fall within or appear to fall within area of responsibility; work closely with QA and technical support to quickly and successfully closeout problem reports
- Academic Degree: MS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering
- 2-4 Years Professional Experience
- Strong in core Java & OO design & analysis, data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with Machine Learning/Predictive Analytics and big data platforms a big plus.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology.
- Very good Interpersonal/communication skills and experience coordinating information and activities among groups with differing agendas, across multi-functional areas.
- Experience using Java (and related J2EE technologies) with a focus on design & analysis, data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Maven, Docker, Junit, web development.
- Experience with SOAP and REST based web services development.
- Ability to assimilate unknown technologies/applications and find possible solutions for a problem.
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments like AWS
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- Three weeks paid vacation & three weeks paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community service day)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match