Are you intrigued about artificial intelligence and autonomous systems?
Be part of the team leading the development of innovative space technologies such as self-piloting and onboard science processing systems.
The Artificial Intelligence Group works on fundamental research problems leading to unique software applications in spacecraft autonomy, scientific data analysis, and mission operations automation and onboard analysis for real-time decisions.
Development projects will include automation of ground and flight operations for communications stations, space missions, marine vehicles, aerial vehicles, including fleets of vehicles.
You will use Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies to partially and fully automate critical systems for scheduling, planning and resource allocation. You will initiate and lead new efforts in these areas.
Your job will entail but is not limited to:
- Perform analysis on a wide variety of large and disparate datasets using highly complex and novel techniques
- Develop novel, complex scheduling algorithms for autonomous systems that must interpret large amounts of input state, constraint, and event data to generate actions and scheduled to achieve higher level goals. Advance state of the art in the area, routinely publishes such advances
- Communicate results to internal and external customers
- Apply and combine current and emerging techniques and tools in novel ways
- Develop and combine complex data analysis techniques and methods for a specific application
- Design and develop software tools for data analytics
- Develop system requirements
- Formulate new concepts
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master's degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 year of related experience; or PhD with a minimum of 5 year of related experience in similar disciplines
- Significant knowledge in one or more related fields of the following areas: software development, artificial intelligence, search, operations research, resource allocation mechanisms, quantitative modeling, machine learning, computer vision, risk models, decision theory, and probabilistic methods
- Experience in wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in modern programming languages such as C++, Python, Java, Hadoop map-reduce, R, Ruby, SAS, Artificial Intelligence Techniques and concepts
- Experience in automation and analysis systems for logistics or robotic autonomous systems
- Experience and background in Artificial Intelligence, Optimization, Search, Scheduling, Resource Allocation, Operations Research, or related fields
- Extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in Software design & development and Computer Science
- Experience in interdisciplinary team leadership
- Experience in writing proposals, task plans, and research publications for peer reviewed forums
- Experience in formulating new concepts, visions, and technology thrusts
- Experience in formulating and leading cross institutional efforts