As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll play a central role in the development of our core products that are used in laboratories and research centers around the world.
We will consider both remote and local candidates for this role.
What you should know about us:
- The challenges and rewards of working in cancer genomics ensure that we are never bored.
- We have high standards. In our domain, details really matter.
- We take joy in teamwork and collaboration.
- Our tech stack includes Django, Postgres, Django Rest Framework, React.js, D3, SCSS, AWS, VMWare, Docker, Jenkins, Saltstack, Terraform, Selenium, git, and Torque (yes, Torque).
- The software department has technical leadership and includes specialists in bioinformatics, algorithm development, web development, UX design, DevOps, and software verification.
- Feature development on existing and forthcoming bioinformatic web applications
- Influencing the direction of our software products through technical leadership
- Working in close coordination with product owners, testers, designers, users, and fellow developers
- Drafting and maintaining detailed design documentation
- Extensive experience with a backend web framework (Django, Ruby on Rails, Spring, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with AWS
- Strong familiarity with relational databases
- A genuine appreciation for how wonderful a good test suite can be
- An appetite for continuous improvement
- An ability to communicate complex issues with clarity, respect, and tact
- A desire to be part of a tight-knit team of smart, passionate engineers and scientists
- Insatiable curiosity
- Humility in the face of data
- Empathetic towards colleagues and your future self when writing software
- Optimistic during hard times
- Never a victim of fate but a champion of progress.
Bonus points for experience with and/or enthusiasm for:
- Working in a regulated field (e.g., aerospace, medical devices)
- Working under a controlled software development life cycle
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Distributed systems
- REST API development
- Good documentation
- Molecular biology / genomics