Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer specializing in Application Security to join its ranks in Irvine, CA.
The ideal candidate is a Software Engineer with a deep passion for security. This person should have experience with a variety of systems, languages, tools and architectures.
About Our Team
The Security Development (SecDev) organization owns all security-related software development efforts across Blizzard. We are a mix of hardcore software engineers, server developers and security-minded individuals who work together to ensure that our company and players are safe from Evil.
We work with all games and software platforms produced by Blizzard, so we get exposed to a mind-boggling array of technologies – not only security technologies, but graphic engines, machine learning systems, web servers, databases etc. It’s an incredible place for passionate software developers to get acquainted with all aspects of developing world class videogames.
You will be part of SecDev’s Application Security team. As an engineer in our team, you will embed yourself in one or more of Blizzard’s teams to help them build secure software. Not only you will help find and fix existing vulnerabilities, but also actively participate on preventing new vulnerabilities from being introduced. You will also have the opportunity to work with elite software engineers to solve specific hard security problems, “tiger team” style.
- Develop and enhance new and existing security-focused tools, systems and services
- Perform security reviews and provide insights throughout all phases of software development
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security advisories, publications, and trends
- Develop new security solutions/tools to prevent security vulnerabilities and assist in addressing existing security problems
- Help detect, highlight, and close security vulnerabilities that surface during the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5-year professional programming experience in one or more statically typed languages (C/C++, Java, C#, etc.)
- Knowledge of common security problems associated with software written in Java and/or C/C++
- Be able to adapt and be entrepreneurial and solve problems quickly, creatively, and collaboratively
- Excellent ability to discover and demonstrate flaws such as SQL injection, XSS, and CSRF
- Familiarity with Web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCP / IP, Message Queuing)
- Solid understanding of database security
- Comprehension of encryption technologies (e.g. TLS, HMAC, RSA, AES, PKI)
- Knowledge of penetration testing techniques, application security vulnerabilities, OWASP Top 10, SANS 25, CWE, etc.
- Experience with application security testing tools
- Aptitude for doing threat modeling on complex systems
- Experience in low level systems programming and/or assembly language
- Familiar with manual interception proxies such as Burp, Fiddler, or ZAP
- Enjoys tasty beverages – we work hard and play hard