Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers. We are looking for an extraordinary senior software engineer with a deep understanding and genuine passion for software development. You will employ innovative development techniques, working collaboratively with other team members and business stakeholders to design and build large-scale data science applications hosted in AWS. Attention to detail and a dedication to deliver a high-quality, stable delivery is critical. To be successful you are self-motivated; driven to achieve and exceed commitments. You also need to exude strong collaboration skills, including the ability to mentor and be mentored. Possess a strong passion to work in a growing, energizing environment of innovation, working with a creative team of talented developers building applications that focus on technical excellence. If you want to be a part of this amazing team, this position is for you.
- Big Data pipelines using AWS Services
- NoSQL technologies like Spark, Solr, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Programming Languages like Scala, Java, Python
- Experience with data analytics tools like Matlab, Zeppelin, iPython is a plus
- Experience with best practices for Security and Compliance in AWS is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality; Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills; passion for leading, mentoring and developing junior team members
BS in computer science with 4-5 years or MS plus 2-3 years experience or related experience.