Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Online Store Engineering has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. Our group's focus is on design and development of the core services and fabric of the Apple Online Store. The position will provide architecture, design, development and project management leadership across multiple projects.
- Strong programming expertise in Java / Scala / Groovy
- Expertise with a variety of web development tools and languages.
- In-depth understanding of Object Oriented and SOA design concepts
- Hands on experience publishing and consuming services - REST/SOAP.
- Implemented solutions that handle high availability and concurrency with low latency requirements.
- Experience with relational databases or Non-SQL database such as Cassandra, Couchbase is a plus
- Optional experience with Docker and Configuration Management systems, such as Ansible.
- Optional experience with Reactive frameworks.
- Exposure to Unix and Mac OS X is desired.
- Strong analytic skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in a team environment, and demonstrated potential to lead a technical team.
BSCS or equivalent experience Minimum 5 years working in a SW development, or similar engineering environment.