We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA to join a dedicated team of brilliant developers to help develop robust, scalable APIs for our platforms and services. These APIs support numerous applications and server backends and in this role, you’ll be responsible for the development and delivery of services supporting these APIs and integrations. API Team members have a strong background in Java, hands-on development experience building integrations utilizing a variety of integration products, tools, protocols, technologies, and patterns.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Learn DIGs integrated product frameworks, APIs, and code base
- Own and drive development and delivery of features in the API. Specifically support Electronic Health Records (EHR) features. This includes building new features and enhancements. Participate in technical design of new and existing features
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and implement fixes for bugs across all systems and tiers
- Assisting in any technical needs that arise related to API design & performance
- Develop testing strategies for APIs and implement solutions that solve problems
- Continuously improve and simplify integration processes, time, and data quality
- Evaluate existing systems and components to determine integration requirements to ensure final solutions meet the organizational needs
- Troubleshoot complex integration failures and testing of interconnected systems
- Encourage good engineering practice with emphasis on code quality, supportability, scalability, and performance
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience (based on 3 years of work experience for every year of education)
- 6+ years professional experience in software development
- In-depth knowledge of core library development for a widely used programming language.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and performance analysis.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience contributing to open source projects, preferably contributing to a runtime, or widely used library
- Practice of modern software engineering, including coding standard, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing
- Experience in communicating with users and other technical teams to collect requirements and technical designs
- A small but growing team - we’re good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy