Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Senior Software Engineer – API Management, to be part of major transformation initiative for Foot Locker Digital Assets supporting web, mobile and in-store customers. As a member of the team you will be responsible for developing, and maintaining API gateway platform that supports key customer facing applications on web and mobile. You will incorporate an API design first approach and maintain guidelines for best practices in API development across the group. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving business problems by delivering simple, robust and maintainable solutions using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Develop, upgrade and maintain API gateway in a Cloud environment.
- Enforce REST API standards to manage quality of the APIs developed in the API management tool.
- Develop API security policies and configure APIs with right access controls.
- Configure and maintain API developer portal for internal and external API documentation.
- Setup API analytics and alerts for key API usage patterns.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum, test driven development environment.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Knowledge of Web APIs, REST, XML, JSON, SOA/Web Services, Internet/NetworkSecurity Standards (WS Security, OAUTH, OpenID Connect, JWT, etc).
- Minimum one year of experience working on API management products like APIGEE or Azure API gateway.
- Experience developing platform to connect, manage and secure microservices using Spring Boot, Zuul or Istio.
- Has exposure to Cloud environment using AWS or Azure or Google Cloud platforms.
- Solid experience with Java, JEE technologies, Spring and related frameworks.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field and 8years of related work experience.