Senior Software Engineer - API
5 - 7 years experience •
Our client is building a big-data, cloud software platform for an emerging, $B market space that will benefit how we live. This is an opportunity to be part of a new team that is building software from the ground up, at a well funded company, located near Boston, offering base, bonus, equity and exceptional benefits. They are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with API experience.
Local candidates only, please. Our client will not relocate.
You should be able to:
- Design APIs that software developers love to use.
- Leverage and promote API design patterns.
- Design and document APIs leveraging a standard API documentation framework (e.g. Apiary, Swagger)
- Collaborate with architects to identify and gain sign-off for API deployment
- Maintain backlog for API needs across a broad set of end users, ensuring user stories and prioritization are transparent
- Implement deployment process for isolatable API(s)
- Ensure that all APIs are fully tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests
- Experience designing schemas (DDL)
- Experience architecting database topologies across a wide array of formats
- Comfortable working with complex schemas and managing views into data
- Knowledge of why/when to use no-sql, columnar, data sharding solutions
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Working knowledge of at least one NoSQL database
- Knowledgeable of in-memory database solutions
- Experience in Restful API design
- Experience in Java / Python programming languages
- Experience writing high-performance data queries and associated database designs
- Experience with data quality and ability to test that processes are correct
- Experience w/ benchmarking and performance tuning data solutions
- Knowledge of AWS data solutions (Spark / EMR / RedShift / Aurora / Athena)
- *Bachelors degreerequired
- * 4+ years of experience