The Senior Software Engineer (Android) works closely with other engineers, designers and product owners to develop beautiful, fast, extensible, maintainable, accessible and robust Android applications.
A Senior Software Engineer is someone who has worked on applications and teams of different levels of complexity and size. As a seasoned engineer, you know what well-written code looks like and strive to constantly improve the codebase and junior team members' skillsets
The ideal candidate will lead the team toward constant improvement and knows how to make the appropriate trade-offs when making technology or coding decisions.
This role reports directly to the Mobile Engineering Manager.
- Be a leading contributor to Android development efforts from planning and organization to deployment
- Work closely with QA to maintain stable releases with good test coverage
- You have experience building applications using Java or Kotlin
- Collaborate with design and product teams to provide technical recommendations and tradeoffs depending on resources and timelines
- Evaluate current codebase to provide and implement architecture improvements
- Keep a close eye to app failures, crashes and reviews
- Mentor less experienced engineers through excellent code reviews, 1:1 coaching and pair programming, using the best coaching tool for the situation.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 5+ years of Software Development experience
- Deep knowledge of Android development as well as emerging mobile trends
- Proficiency of both Java and Kotlin
- A track record of successful apps in the App Store, with low crashing rates, beautiful UIs and great app reviews
- Ability to provide multiple technical approaches with pros, cons and tradeoffs to collaboratively make decisions with team mates and product owner/sponsors
- Familiarity with data persistence strategies such as Realm, SQLite, and Room
- Familiarity with reactive patterns using libraries such as RxJava
- Understanding of architectural patterns such as MVC, MVVM, VIPER, and MVP
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys mentorship. Coaching is the defacto mode of operation.
- Is an excellent communicator.
- Knows how and when to apply different communication styles to effectively communicate ideas, technological approach, trade-offs, etc…
- Is a leader and a positive influence for the team.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Tight knit team.