By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies, we look forward to having strong talents joining our team. We
offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with a strong leadership team.
- Works on multiple major projects of the highest complexity requiring forefront-of-the-field, innovative solutions.
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty. Widely recognized as a technical expert within the professional community. Accomplishments contribute to state of the art field in the of expertise both within and outside thelab.
- Work cross functionally with other teams to help make their features fully accessible to all users. This role offers a unique chance to touch virtually every feature in SoFi's Android application.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
- Develop, modify and unit test software applications in local, networked, or Internet-based software programs.
- Must be able to deliver high quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
- 5 – 10 years experience in mobile programming and mobile architecture
- Previous experience building mobile applications with rich UI and great UX
- Love for building mobile applications and detailed knowledge of Android
- Top-notch programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java/Kotlin or Objective-C/Swift
- Experience in using REST services (JSON/XML)
- Understanding of HTTP/S and web-based application architecture
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible on mobile
- Relational Database knowledge including SQL programming.
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Familiar with agile development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
Desired (Requirements dependent on platform you are applying for
- Strong Kotlin skills
- Retrofit, Jackson/Gson, RxJava/RxAndroid,Glide, Firebase.
- Desire to learn and use GraphQL
- Catered lunches or the equivalent for employees who work in a SoFi office, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.