You'll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of search, focused on mobile, for potentially billions of devices around the globe. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Android SDK, you’ll get to:
- Design and develop the next generation software development kit (SDK) to enable developers to build better features using deep links.
- Work on the futuristic features that enable app developers to better grow their apps with Branch links.
- Design and implement other supporting Android SDKs, tools and Android Applications to help automated and efficient integration of deep link SDK.
- Help Branch Partner application on any issues with integrating any of Branch deep link SDK or supporting SDKs. Work on fixing any issue or feature requests reported with Branch open source SDKs.
- Own entire projects while scoping, defining, and leading design and implementation across multi-functional teams. You will often take vague product requirements and be responsible for breaking them down into smaller components displaying committed prioritization and coordination.
- Collaborate with product managers, infrastructure, platform, and data engineers to refine requirements, architect, and implement complex systems.
- Debug hard problems - that’s a given! When things break, and they will, you will find yourself debugging those challenging bugs and will be eager and able to fix things.
- Every week we find ourselves learning something new, whether it’s a new technology or a quirk of a language we otherwise didn’t know. On occasion, you may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an unfamiliar platform. If this does not intimidate you, and you're eager to dive in and get the job done you will be right at home.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of experience building Android applications.
- Proficiency in Java and comfortable diving into any language or technology.
- Experience with the use and functions of Android SDK, Java, and XML and are able to build mobile applications for Android.
- Passion for building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Strong interest in leading technical multi-functional project teams.
- Ability to display significant ownership of features and systems and pursue a result-driven development approach consistent with pragmatism.
- Passion for building and shipping phenomenal customer-facing software.
- Ability to write readable and testable code.