Senior Software Engineer (Android), Battle.Net Client Mobile Team
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (ANDROID), BATTLE.NET CLIENT MOBILE TEAMBattle.net•IrvineApply Now
Are you passionate about Android development? Would connecting millions of the world’s most passionate gamers together fill you with pride? Would you like to provide the social gateway to a vibrant and thriving online gaming community?
If your brain is screaming “yes!!” to these questions, then the Battle.net Client group is calling for you to join our Client Mobile team.
The Client Mobile team develops the Battle.net Mobile App for both iOS and Android. The Mobile App presents a place where millions of players worldwide can socialize with their friends and fellow gamers. The primary mission of the Batttle.net Mobile team is to allow players to enjoy the Blizzard community wherever they may be.
The Senior Software Engineer must be able to work both independently and with team members and product groups. Enthusiasm and drive for crafting epic social experiences is a must. If the idea of reaching millions of players across the globe appeals to your inner geek, then our team may just be the place for you.
- Mastery of Android development with a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience
- Fluent with Java language
- Experience using Android UI frameworks and building custom UI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency with RxJava and Reactive patterns strongly desired
- Familiarity with networking and high level protocols such as HTTP or XMPP
- Kotlin development experience
- Experience working with 3rd party libraries (OkHttp, Retrofit, Picasso, Dagger, etc…)
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with shipping and maintaining mobile applications that support a global user base
- Experience supporting a live product (ship planning, risk mitigation, etc..)
- Agile development experience
- Passion for video games or social networks