As a Senior Software Engineer at Altarum, you will have the opportunity to make software and web development contributions to important healthcare projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You’ll work in an Agile environment alongside a team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts.
- Work with a team of software engineers and analysts in developing systems that meet all technical and business requirements.
- Design highly scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity.
- Ability to lead a technical team.
- Mentor and develop less experienced technical staff.
- Able to effectively communicate with business leaders.
- Experience in developing prototypes of new concepts and technologies
- Experience in software development methodologies and standards, test-driven development, data analysis, and reporting.
- While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate a willingness to step into new roles and learn new technologies quickly.
- Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines.
- BS or MS degree in computer science; 5+ years of experience working on Java/J2EE applications, strong knowledge of Object Orientated Programming, and experience with multiple databases.
- Must have strong java fundamentals and experience with Spring or Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML
- Experience with Microservice designs and architectures, Service-oriented architecture (SOA), formal patterns etc
- Technical development experience with REST/SOAP web services.
- Experience using cloud-based servers like AWS is a plus.
- Experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift, Gradle
- Prefer experience processing Medical Document formats like HL7 / QRDA III / FHIR or processing other custom formatted files.
- Mobile development experience is a plus.
- Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good foundation of software development skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship