Job ID 62657
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Software Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Distributed Apps team in New York City. In this role, you’ll be a part of a team that is responsible for creating the next generation of distributed service packaging and deployment infrastructure. You will build distributed software components and frameworks which enable service reliability engineers to deploy and operate their distributed apps at scale.
Primary job responsibilities
- Create software services in Go which automate the life cycle of distributed applications targeting Kubernetes APIs
- Codify best practices by creating tools, SDKs, and utilities which enable and accelerate the development of distributed services
- Interact and engage with the open source community, helping users, and shepherding contributions
- Naturally perform and promote good development practices like code review and writing tests
- Take an active role in the emerging landscape of application containers and orchestration systems
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or an equivalent degree or experience
- Distributed source control tools like Git or Mercurial
- Previous experience writing automated unit and integration tests
- Experience writing back-end infrastructure software
Experience with the following will be considered a plus:
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
- Writing Kubernetes controllers or operators
- Open source development
- Go programming language
- Linux container technologies (Docker, rkt)
- Linux systems administration
- Practical use and debugging of distributed systems
- Building a software packaging format or package manager
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.