Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to develop bleeding edge algorithms and graph transforms to optimize Datapath circuits. Your work will impact all modern consumer and enterprise chips and help make them more efficient. You will develop algorithms that produce optimal and elegant circuitry that improves power, area and performance of most chips consumer and enterprise IC's. We write software that ships with the flagship product of the company.
- BSCS and typically requires a minimum of 3 to 5+ years of related experience.
- Logic synthesis and optimization
- RTL high-level optimization
- Experience with developing software into a large code bases desired
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Digital circuit power analysis and optimization
- Digital IC design flows (ASIC and FPGA)
- Some knowledge of datapath/arithmetic circuitry desired
- Skillful in using script languages such as TCL, Perl, Unix shell scripts.
- Experience with software development processes, and proficiency with debugging tools.
- Proficiency in designing data structures, algorithms, and specs for sophisticated software products.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to coordinate discussions with other R&D teams.
- Prior knowledge and experience of EDA tool development and hardware design would be a plus but not required.