Alegeus is the market leader in consumer directed healthcare solutions, offering the industry’s most comprehensive platform for the administration of healthcare benefit accounts, the industry’s most widely-used benefit debit card, and powerful engagement solutions to help consumers maximize savings and optimize spending for their healthcare. Over 300 clients – including health insurance plans, third party administrators and financial institutions – leverage Alegeus’ deep expertise and proven technology to administer benefit accounts for more than 29 million members and process more than $8.9 billion in consumer healthcare payments annually. As the healthcare and benefit markets continue to evolve, Alegeus delivers solutions that enable clients to evolve their service offerings, operate their businesses more efficiently, and focus on their customers.
The Senior Software Engineer will work as part of a 20+ development team on an enterprise .NET SAS platform. This position is responsible for SSIS development, architecture and design review, and project management tasks.
- Review Design and Architecture of SSIS related solutions
- Debug and develop SSIS packages
- Hands-on role to work with and monitor Offshore development teams, including the following areas:
- Manage projects around custom development of reports and file integration/ETL
- Work with Product Development teams on system requirements and specifications
- Review product use cases for accurancy and completeness
- Debug and troubleshoot issues as needed in production and test environments
- Analyze requirements, and translate business requirements into product designs
- Suggest technology design and process improvements
- Assist on development activites on the .NET platform
- Will occasionally be required to work outside usual hours of business in order to support releases without impeding access to services during usual business hours.
- Will be required to join an 3rd tier oncall rotation every 3-4 months
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience with Sql Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with working with offshore development teams
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc. preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development including fluency and deep understanding of SSIS and ETL
- Understanding of T-SQL and SQL Server performance tuning methodologies
- Experience with data modeling and Visual Studio
- Experience with SSRS desired
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including Agile and Waterfall
- Ability to act independently to resolve issues.
- Ability to manage an application through the entire development life cycle and to manage time effectively.
- Good communication and teamwork skills and possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, WCF, RESTful Services, Web Services, XML, MS SQL Server/T-SQL, and Object Oriented design concepts a plus
- Desired experience with Test Driven Development and Unit test frameworks.
- Desired to have experience developing for a real-time production transaction processing system.