Akamai's Web Security Engineering team is looking for a passionate, Security product-focused developer who thrives on delivering exceptional functionality to customers. This engineer will be focused on new product development, developing solutions to nascent Internet-based security threats. Engineers who work in our team utilize the core technologies of Akamai to present solutions to customers. Projects will combine security protection solutions with big data analytics systems and web applications for configuration and reporting.
The Engineering Manager will be based in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with the possibility of occasional travel.
About the Team:
Our team is part of the Web Division, which has responsibility for the technologies that power our Security Products. This team specifically focuses on Network Security and DDoS mitigation solutions. The Security Engineering team develops solutions that protect our global client base from the evolving threat landscape on the Internet, including defense platforms, telemetry data collection and analysis, tools for the Security Operations Command Center, and web applications for configuration and reporting. Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers, with over $100 billion in combined annual revenue.
* Design and develop security applications, processes, and APIs that can scale to meet the security and performance demands of Akamai's widely distributed customer base. Workwith architects and software engineers inside Akamai to extend current security technologies and integrate new capabilities into the Akamai security platform.
* Communicate clearly and honestly with stakeholders about progress, roadblocks, and timelines.
* Engage with other groups, both internal and external, to bring projects to completion on time and within budget.
* Bring a deep and broad skill set to the job, understanding how all the pieces in a distributed environment fit together.
* Guide development projects through the phases of the SDLC process.
Required Education and Experience:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience and a minimum
* 8+ years of software engineering experience.
* 5+ years of experience developing software with Java Enterprise Edition.
* 3+ years of experience developing database-backed applications using Oracle or equivalent Enterprise class database
* 2+ years of experience with Web Services development
* 2+ years of experience developing front-end applications with modern app stacks
* 2+ years of experience deploying and supporting applications on the Linux operating system
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, small-team environment.
* Passion to understand, learn, and evaluate new technologies.
* Experience with big data systems such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark
* Experience with Scala programming language
* Experience with Spring and Hibernate
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Unix Shell Scripts.
* Expertise in Secure Software Design and Architecture
* Familiarity with software security weakness, vulnerability and secure code review
* Familiarity with software attack and exploitation techniques
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure.